Employment with Supports is a short term program that provides the tools and information
for the achievement of satisfying and successful employment. A rapid employment approach is used to support participants looking to join or return to the workforce.
Rapid employment involves a short engagement period where an effective resume is developed followed by an intense job search process. Job retention supports are provided once employment has been found. Support is provided by our Employment Specialists and a Job Coach.
We take a team approach and work collaboratively with participants. In person meetings and job development activities increase understanding of the roles of employees and what is required to meet an employer’s expectations.
The Employment with Supports Program is designed to focus your journey on increased well-being and satisfaction in your life and assist you to develop a work-life balance.
- Everybody is valuable and has a contribution to make
- Work is a positive part of recovery
- Everyone has the right to work and make their own choices
- Employment enhances self-esteem, self-reliance and resilience
- Working is a rewarding, purposeful activity that is central to our lives
- Living with a mental health diagnosis/disability
- Has not qualified or been in receipt of Employment Insurance (E.I.) in last 1-5 years
- Currently unemployed or under employed (less than 20 hours per week)
- Seeking rapid employment with approximate start date of 4 weeks from start in program
- Willing to be marketed to employers as participants in the program
- Motivated to work and willing to participate in frequent appointments weekly
A drop-in time is open every Thursday from 10 am – 12 noon (930 Portage Ave.) For anyone interested in applying to the program please sign up below: