This service works with single parent families who have at least 1 child under the age of 6 and who are enrolled in the single parent category of Employment and Income Assistance.
Using a team approach PWI staff work with families in their homes and communities to:
- Learn how to manage the stresses of family life and create a plan for family wellness
- Learn how to promote wellbeing in children and form secure attachments
- Plan for children’s safety during difficult times or crisis
- Find safe and affordable housing
- Make a better life by upgrading education, or finding a career
- Learn or improve skills such as budgeting, getting organized, planning a menu and preparing healthy meals, etc.
- Recover from mental health concerns and addictions
- Connect with cultural or spiritual resources
For more information, speak to your EIA Case Coordinator or call our office 204-982-6100.