Our Association in Winnipeg is governed by a Board of Directors that has a minimum of 8 members and a maximum of 14 members. The Board strives for representation that includes consumers, family members, and caregivers. Board members are elected at the Association’s annual general meeting in June of each year.
A major role of the Board is to define the Association’s values and vision and the impact the organization will have in our community. Values are articulated in Board policy statements known as ENDS statements. The current ENDS statements are:
CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg exists so that people are mentally healthy and people experiencing mental illness have support for their resilience and recovery.
People with mental illness are full participants in society.
- They participate meaningfully in their chosen roles in society; this includes employment, education, housing and social engagement.
- They benefit from public policy that supports community participation and integration of people with mental illness.
- They are accepted by society.
People of Manitoba and Winnipeg have an understanding of the factors involved in being mentally healthy.
- They are aware of and understand mental illness and mental health.
- They are aware of and can easily access appropriate services and supports.
Families and Caregivers have access to the appropriate supports required by themselves and those they care for.
- They have opportunity for caregiver self care.
- They have access to professional and/or peer supports.
- They have access to support and information regarding advocacy.
Decision Makers have adequate information to make informed decisions regarding mental health and mental illness.
- Decision-makers recognize the importance of mental health research.
- Researchers are recommending best practices using appropriate research methods with emphasis on relating to lived experiences from people with mental health issues.
- Media will have access to information on mental health issues.
Current Board Members
- Debra Radi, Chairperson
- Garret Surcon, Vice Chairperson
- Damon Johnston, Treasurer
- Colin Findlay, Secretary
- Lisa Erickson
- Reid Hartry, National Representative
- Ken Reddig