As an organization CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg provides services and support to a diverse population both within our office and across the communities we serve. Much of our contact is in community where people live, work, and play. Many of the individuals we support are vulnerable and through this planning process our main priority is the health and well-being of those we serve and our dedicated staff.
Based on public health experts advice at this time we are recommending limiting in-person interactions to less than 10 minutes, minimizing numbers of people congregating in one place, and ensuring people are interacting at safe distances. These recommendations will be implemented while we continue to deliver essential services to our community.
In addition to these general protocols we are also implementing a reduced service model effective March 18, 2020 until further notice.
- All courses and training sessions at the CMHA Well-being Learning Centre will be rescheduled
- All evening and weekend support groups and education sessions will be cancelled.
- All scheduled workplace training and community educations sessions delivered by CMHA staff outside of 930 Portage will be cancelled.
- The CMHA public computer resource area will be closed (effective March 16th)
- We will begin delivering services and conducting meetings through telephone or other digital technology (where suitable based on privacy requirements) and limited in-person contact where required.
- Crisis situations and one-on-one service needs will still be attended to on a case-by-case basis
- CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg’s Service Navigation Hub will continue to operate primarily through phone and e-mail – contact the Hub for support, information, and guidance on navigating and accessing mental health supports and services. Call direct at 204-775-6442 or email: email@example.com
Cleaning and disinfecting of our space will occur at least twice daily. We will work with other community stakeholders to provide education on proper hand washing and other preventative hygiene practices.