Experiencing fluctuating levels of stress and anxiety is a normal response to the COVID-19 pandemic. People worry about their own health and the health of their loved ones, here and abroad. People may also have a lot of concerns around school or work, their finances, their ability to take part in important community and social events and hobbies, and other important parts of their lives. People who already experience a lot of anxiety may find their anxiety worsening.
The CMHA Service Navigation Hub (SNH) provides information on a range of topics related to mental health, mental illness, distress and strategies connected to resilience.
When you connect to the SNH they listen and assess your situation; provide immediate support; educate and provide consultation on your rights and to determine next possible steps of action – whether to proceed with intake to CMHA programs or to refer to appropriate community supports.
You can reach them directly at: 204-775-6442 or email at: email@example.com
Visit: service navigation hub for more detailed information on the support a Recovery Navigation Specialists can provide as well as other crisis supports within Manitoba.
The following are some resources to help with managing the stress and anxiety that people may be experiencing at this time:
- Information on managing stress and anxiety
- Understanding Quarantine, Isolation and Social Distancing in a Pandemic
- COVID -19 Support for Entrepreneurs
- Working From Home Fact Sheet
- Limiting Your Consumption of News and Social Media
- Help Next Door MB
- Tips for Coping with Physical Distancing
- Tips for Managing Stress during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tips for Emotional Resilience
- Talking to your Children about COVID-19
- Strategies to Reduce Stress
- Tips on Self-Care
- Managing Competing Priorities when Working from Home
- Maintaining Family Well-Being
- Dealing with Depression during a Pandemic
- Creating Healthy Boundaries
- 6 Ways to Keep Your Anxiety from Taking Over
- Navigating Services during Social Distancing
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Manitoba Support Line
- Sara Riel Inc 24 Hour Peer Support and Warmline
- Phone, screen, & mobile device disinfection tips from Shared Health Manitoba
- Tips to Cope with Social Distancing
- 6 Tips to Respond to Employee Anxiety About COVID-19
- Maintaining Your Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- CMHA BC – Here to Help fact sheet on COVID-19 and Anxiety