January 31, 2019
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg
930 Portage Avenue
About the course
Are you coping with a mental illness of a family member?
Do you struggle with how to support your loved one?
Do you want to know how to support yourself, as a family member?
In this course, you will learn:
- An overview on mental illness including types, risk factors, and myths about mental illness.
- Practical skills to improve your ability to communicate with your family member.
- Setting limits and boundaries with family members.
- Stress- busting tips and coping skills to enhance your own mental wellness.
- Rights and responsibilities of persons living with a mental illness, family members, and professionals.
- How to support your family member through their personal recovery journey and how to get support for yourself, as a family member.
- Course Days: Thursdays – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Orientation: January 31, 2019
- Course Start Date: January 31, 2019
- Course End Date: March 21, 2019
- Location: CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg, 930 Portage Avenue – lower level
- Instructor: Stephen Sutherland
CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg would like to remind those who are registering for this course that it is intended for family members who are supporting a loved one with a mental health problem. In addition, the course is not intended for professional development. However, professionals supporting family members with a mental health problem are welcome to attend.
To register to receive information when future courses are scheduled, you can either call 982-6100 or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the January 31, 2019 Mental Health Education for Families course, please fill out the form below: