April 30, 2020 to June 18, 2020
6:00 pm to 8:00 pmAdd to Calendar (iCal) Add to Google Calendar
About the course
Are you coping with a mental illness of a family member?
Do you struggle with how to support your loved one?
Do you want to know how to support yourself, as a family member?
In this course, you will learn:
- An overview on mental illness including types, risk factors, and myths about mental illness.
- Practical skills to improve your ability to communicate with your family member.
- Setting limits and boundaries with family members.
- Stress- busting tips and coping skills to enhance your own mental wellness.
- Rights and responsibilities of persons living with a mental illness, family members, and professionals.
- How to support your family member through their personal recovery journey and how to get support for yourself, as a family member.
- Course Days: Thursdays – 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Course Start Date: April 30, 2020
- Course End Date: June 18, 2020
- Facilitators: Deborah Kasner and Hailey Zayik
CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg would like to remind those who are registering for this course that it is intended for family members who are supporting a loved one with a mental health problem. In addition, the course is not intended for professional development. However, professionals supporting family members with a mental health problem are welcome to attend.
To register to receive information when future courses are scheduled, you can either call 982-6100 or e-mail us at: [email protected]@cmhawpg.mb.ca
To register for the Mental Health Education for Families online course starting on May 5, 2020, please fill out the form below:
Sorry. This form is no longer available.