This course will expand on toolkit called “The Towards Positive Change to Promote Mental Health and Wellbeing: A Toolkit for Black Canadians.” This innovative toolkit was created by Black Canadians (people who are African, Caribbean, or other descent) for Black Canadians and for those who provide services to Black Canadians. The goal of this toolkit is to increase awareness about mental illness, mental health and well being for Black individuals and their communities. It is a call to action for this community to experience sustainable mental health and support.
Topics covered in the toolkit and in the course include:
- Myths and Truths about Mental Health
- Factors the impact Mental Health
- Health Equity and Mental Health
- Gender Based Analysis Plus
- Parental Influences and Mental Health
- Impact of Housing on Mental Health
- Workplace Policies and Procedures
- Taking Care of Your Own Mental Health
- Taking Care of Others
Dates: Wednesdays, May 3 to June 21, 2023
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Facilitators: Tracy-Ann Campbell and Arlene Porritt
Location: CMHA, 930 Portage Avenue – Blueberry Room
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
Oops! We could not locate your form.