Supports for MBSR Graduates
Graduates of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) are invited to join group meditations held at the following locations monthly by the MBSR partners:
- Klinic Community Health Centre at 870 Portage Avenue on the fourth Wednesday of the month from 6:00-7:30PM. Click here to access the poster for more information.
Becoming an MBSR Teacher
CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg is often contacted by persons interested in becoming an MBSR instructor. The road to becoming an instructor is a lengthy process that takes a great deal of development. CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg works with MBSR Ottawa utilizing the process outlined here. Should you believe you have met the requirements outlined for initial teacher development and require information on upcoming practicums contact the CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg Volunteer and Education Coordinator. For further information on training through the Centre for Mindfulness click here.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Ottawa
- Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Healthcare, and Society
Silent Retreat Centres in Canada
- Creston, British Columbia: http://www.kootenaymindfulnesscentre.org
- Regina, Saskatchewan: http://www.reginainsight.ca/?s=retreats
- Bowden, Alberta: http://www.dhamma.org/en/schedules/schkaruna#normal
- Arnprior, Ontario: https://www.truenorthinsight.org/index.php/en/schedule/residential-retreats
- Egbert, Ontario: http://www.torana.dhamma.org/