Individuals must meet the following criteria:
- 15 years of age or older and living in Canada
- Already connected to a primary care provider (physician or nurse) or psychiatrist
- Mild to moderate depression, with or without anxiety
- Not at risk of harming self or others
- Do not have a personality disorder
- Have not had a manic episode or psychosis in the last six months
- Capable of engaging with and concentrating on materials
- Not significantly misusing drugs or alcohol to the extent that it would impact engagement in CBT treatment
BounceBack for Youth is a free, evidence-based, self-help program for adolescents, 15–17 years old, experiencing low mood, mild to moderate depression or anxiety, stress or worries. Delivered over the phone, youth are given access to a BounceBack Coach who will guide and support them as they learn new coping skills to better manage their mood through self-help materials based off of Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy principles.
If you are 18+ please refer to the BounceBack Manitoba
Ever wonder if you feel like this? Follow this link from B.C.’s BounceBack for Youth
So what does this all mean?
- Supported self-management is a low-intensity intervention, where you learn to manage your mood better
- Bounce Back for Youth uses over-the-phone coaching to help you get the most out of the materials
- Bounce Back for Youth is not a counselling or crisis resource
- If you are in crisis or need to speak to someone right away contact:
- 24-hour Youth Crisis Services:
- 204-949-4777 or 1-888-383-2776 outside Winnipeg
- Kids Help Phone:
- 1-800-668-6868 – to speak with someone
- Kids Help Phone – for chat
- 686868 – text CONNECT
- 24-hour Youth Crisis Services:
Benefits of Bounce Back
- Everything is free
- Workbooks and videos are available online or by mail
- No travel needed to appointments, we call you
- Works with your school or work schedule
- No waitlists
- You lead the pace
How do you get started with Bounce Back for Youth?
- Make an appointment with your Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, or School Counsellor to discuss whether BounceBack for Youth is right for you
- Have your Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, or School Counsellor fill out a referral form and submit it on your behalf
- Wait for a BounceBack coach to call you within one week
What does the phone sessions involve?
- During the first session, a coach will discuss BounceBack for Youth in detail and discuss what you can expect to get out of the program
- If you don’t think this is the right program for you, you have the choice to opt-out of the program at any time
- You choose the topics and workbooks you would like to focus on
- You and your coach decide how often you want to speak – usually every two to three weeks
- You can have up to four sessions with a coach
This program was developed by Dr. Chris Williams, professor of psychiatry at the University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK. BounceBack for Youth is currently available in three provinces across Canada.
For more information or to have an orientation to become a provider of BounceBack for Youth, contact a BounceBack coach today at 204-982-6111.
Interested in becoming a referrer for BounceBack for Youth? We are now accepting referrals from school counsellors, nurse practitioners, and doctors! You can find more information for Practitioners at BounceBack-Reclaim-Your-Health/
The launch and expansion of BounceBack for Youth in Manitoba has been made possible through generous support of RBC – Community and Social Impact. CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg takes pride in partnering with RBC – Community and Social Impact to enhance mental health supports for youth in Manitoba.
For more information on RBC – Community and Social Impact, visit: https://impact.rbc.com/