About the Course
Are you coping with a mental illness of a family member?
Do you struggle with how to support your loved one?
Do you want to know how to support yourself, as a family member?
In this course, you will learn:
- An overview on mental illness including types, risk factors, and myths about mental illness.
- Practical skills to improve your ability to communicate with your family member.
- Setting limits and boundaries with family members.
- Stress- busting tips and coping skills to enhance your own mental wellness.
- Rights and responsibilities of persons living with a mental illness, family members, and professionals.
- How to support your family member through their personal recovery journey and how to get support for yourself, as a family member.
To register for upcoming Mental Health Education for Families courses through CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg, click below:
January 31, 2019
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Mental Health Education for Families (8 week course) - January 2019
CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg, Winnipeg Manitoba
CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg would like to remind those who are registering for this course that it is intended for family members who are supporting a loved one with a mental health problem. In addition, the course is not intended for professional development. However, professionals supporting family members with a mental health problem are welcome to attend.
To register to receive information when future courses are scheduled, contact the CMHA Service Navigation Hub at 204-775-6442 or e-mail us at: email@example.com