The Canadian Mental Health Association Manitoba and Winnipeg’s Eleanor Pluchinski Memorial Scholarship Fund is designed to provide financial resources for people with experiences of mental illnesses or mental health challenges who are pursuing post-secondary education.
Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded once annually. After selection by the Review Panel, successful applicants will be notified by end of August 2020. The funds will be issued directly to the educational institution for tuition fees or to the bookstore for book costs. Recipients must agree to report to the Review Panel on how the scholarship assisted them.
– Experience of mental illness or significant substance use challenge
– Accessing therapeutic support/mental health services
– An identified profession area goal
– A demonstrated need for financial assistance
– Will be enrolled at a recognized Manitoba post-secondary institution by: August 17, 2020
– Will be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester and no less than 18 credit hours per calendar year
– At least 20 years of age and a resident of Manitoba
Application deadline is 11:59 pm – August 17, 2020
Applicants are NOT eligible if they are currently participating in a government sponsored job training or receiving major financial support. Applicants can apply more than once, but will NOT be eligible to win an award two consecutive years.
Applicants awarded the scholarship who are unable to confirm enrolment by 11:59 – August 17, 2020 will be asked to provide additional documentation to support their extenuating circumstances.
Changes to recipient’s course or program between the time of award notification and the beginning of the course or program must be discussed with the selection committee in order to remain eligible for the original application.
If you are interested in completing a scholarship application, please complete the form below.