Employment with Supports provides the tools and information for the achievement of satisfying and successful employment. A rapid employment approach is used to support participants looking to join or return to the workforce.
The service involves a brief engagement period where employment skills are taught, individuals are prepared to enter the workforce and an effective resume is developed followed by an intense job search process. Job retention supports are provided once employment has been found. Support is provided by our Employment Specialists
We take a team approach and work collaboratively with participants. In person meetings and job development activities increase understanding of the roles of employees and what is required to meet an employer’s expectations.
The Employment with Supports Program is designed to focus your journey on increased well-being and satisfaction in your life and assist you to develop a work-life balance.
- Everybody is valuable and has a contribution to make
- Work is a positive part of recovery
- Everyone has the right to work and make their own choices
- Employment enhances self-esteem, self-reliance and resilience
- Working is a rewarding, purposeful activity that is central to our lives
- Currently unemployed or under employed (less than 20 hours per week)
- Ready willing and able to be employed within 1-6 months
- Willing to be marketed to employers as participants in the program
- Motivated to work and willing to participate in frequent appointments weekly
Note: Please make sure to have your EIA case number and case coordinator information with you.
A drop-in time is open every Thursday from 10 AM – 11:30 AM (930 Portage Ave.)
For anyone currently on Employment and Income Assistance interested in applying to the program please sign up below: